Baked Potato Balls
These potato balls are easy to prepare, healthy and really addictive. They have a soft interior which makes them melt in your mouth. They can be a great snack or appetizer for both kids and adults!
Boiling the potatoes with their skin-on is best for this recipe. Because you don’t want a very soft potato to work with, it will cause it to fall apart. You can always boil them a ahead of time!
I coat them with brown rice flour. This keeps them gluten free. Although you can use breadcrumbs if you wish. Plus you can get creative and add your favorite vegetables, like some mushrooms, bell pepper, or even spinach!
- 4 small boiled potatoes
- 1 small shredded green squash/zucchini
- 2 green onion sticks – chopped
- 1 small carrot – shredded
- salt and white pepper to taste
- paprika (optional)
- 1- 2 tbs flour ( I used Brown rice flour) and more for coating
- olive oil for baking
- Boil the potatoes without over cooking them. We don’t want them to be too soft.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash the potatoes in a bowl. Stir in zucchini, carrots, green onions and seasonings. Add the flour one spoon at a time and check if it holds together. Shape into balls; roll in flour then shake off the excess flour.
- Transfer the balls to the baking sheet and drizzle some olive oil on the balls until they are covered.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until a bit hard on the outside and golden brown.
Making this recipe? I would love to see it!