Any kind of beans would work perfect for burgers, so I thought to make another burger recipe but this time I wanted to add a new vegetable to the beans. Eggplant! Yes, It might sound strange but I gave it a try anyways and it worked perfect. Also worked as a binding agent to hold the beans together.
In every recipe I create, I love to make it as simple as possible and with little ingredients, so with this recipe you will just need 6 ingredients that you may have at home already, tastes so good and hearty.
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 2 – 3 medium eggplants
- bunch of parsley leaves
- half of an onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 – 3 tbs of any kind of flour ( I used brown rice flour)
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- You will need olive oil for baking.
- First, roast the eggplants in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend the beans and garlic in a blender, until crumbly.
- Add minced parsley and onions to the mixture.
- Mix in the roasted eggplants and mix with hands until well combined.
- Add salt, pepper and preferred seasonings.
- Add the flour one spoon at a time, and mix in between the adding’s and try to shape a ball (it should feel like a dough that can be easily shaped).
- Shape them into patties.
- Drizzle some olive oil on a baking sheet and on the burgers and bake for 30 – 35 minutes at 200C.
Notes: Makes 5 big patties.
Making this recipe? I would love to see it!