I can officially say this is my favorite salad! I can eat it everyday.. all week!
I can just have it for lunch as a meal because it’s filling and because I eat the whole thing? Like a big bowl just like this! Also when I serve it as a side salad, I have to start and end with it.
So I got to taste this salad first time when one of my best friends Saba, came over for lunch and had a quinoa salad with her, Also it was my first time trying Quinoa back in 2013. So whenever I make it, I just remember her, and all the good memories we had together since we live apart. We both love it so much that whenever we meet we have to make it together, its been a tradition now.
- 1/2 cup (dry) quinoa rinsed with cold water
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped parsley ( I usually use 1 bunch)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs lemon juice or more
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt to taste
- Add the quinoa and water to a medium sized saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the quinoa, and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until cooked. Remove the quinoa from heat, fluff with a fork and allow to sit (lid on) until you need it.
- Chop the greens and transfer to a big bowl. Add in the cooled quinoa and mix. Add lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and toss.
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour, if you can wait that long before eating!
Notes: The quinoa can be prepared up to three days in advance and kept in an airtight container in the fridge.
Making this recipe? I would love to see it!