These bars make a good snack, on busy days I eat them as breakfast on the go!
- 1 cup (GF oats)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts or add more
- 8 pitted dates
- dark chocolate (optional)
- chopped almonds (optional)
- Line a pan with parchment paper, mix oats salt and oil and bake on 200C for 15 mins or until slightly golden.
- Blend the dates with nuts until well combined.Add the roasted oats to the dates and nuts making sure to completely incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Press the mixture firmly into the prepared pan (I used the flat bottom of a glass).
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to set before cutting into bars.
- To add chocolate: melt the chocolate and spread it on top of the cut bars, sprinkle with almonds. refrigerate again until chocolate is firm.
Notes: Oats are gluten-free by nature but most are held in facilities that contain gluten. Check the package label if you are concerned with any gluten content.
Making this recipe? I would love to see it!