Easy, filling, and a warm meal with few ingredients! For me rice is a meal, not a side dish, I mean I can have just white plain rice with a green salad and be happy! But this time I spiced things up and used brown rice, with some beans for more nutrients!
- 1 cup brown rice 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced2 tomatoes, small dice1 tbs tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 black pepper
- 1/2 cumin powder salt to taste
- 1/2 cup black beans chopped scallion, optional
- lemon wedges, optional
- Rinse the rice under cold water.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 to 3 minutes until golden.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, and spices. Stir to combine, then add the rice with water and increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Decrease to low heat, add the cooked beans and let the rice cook. Simmer for 20 minutes until tender.
- Serve the rice with lemon wedges and chopped scallion.
Making this recipe? I would love to see it!