Persian Date Dessert
Rangeenak is a Persian dessert made for celebrations and holidays. Basically it’s made from soft dates, flour, oil/butter and nuts. This Rangeenak recipe is Gluten-free and Plant-based.
- 1/2 chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 2 cups pitted soft dates
- cashews/walnuts to fill the dates
- 3/4 – 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pistachio for garnish
- Prepare your serving dish: fill the pitted dates with cashew and arrange in a serving plate.
- In a hot pan, stir in the flour mix to be toasted until it become very light brown. Add cinnamon and mix well.
- Pour coconut oil and maple syrup. Mix well until the flour is dissolved. Add more oil if you want it to be thinner.
- Turn the heat off. Pour the flour mixture on the arranged dates. Garnish and serve with tea! Enjoy!
Making this recipe? I would love to see it!