This plant-based salad is wow! because after the first bite I was amazed by the taste. I mean it was just a salad after all but the flavors in the chickpeas and the sauce gave it all the reasons to appreciate it!
Roasted chickpeas never tried them until I made this salad! Where was I all this time? Thank God I had these leftover chickpeas from the other day when I made hummus recipe. And I had to think about how to use them before they go bad.
What makes this salad pop is the spices on the roasted chickpeas and the tahini sauce! Do you agree? Let me know if you make this, I mean you should!
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 potato chopped into cubes
- green pepper chopped
- half an iceberg lettuce
- 1 avocado
- broccoli – optional
- salt to taste
- olive oil for roasting
- 2 tsp fajita seasonings
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon juice
- salt to taste
- In a large bowl, mix chopped potatoes and peppers with olive oil and salt until well coated.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet and roast in 180C oven until almost cooked – 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile spice the chickpeas with fajita seasoning, cayenne pepper, and salt. Drizzle some olive oil and mix.
- When potatoes almost cooked add the chickpeas to get roasted for 15 minutes or so.
- Cook broccoli with 1 tsp olive oil and 2 tbs water until tender.
- Chop the lettuce and avocado and arrange in a serving bowl. Add the cooked broccoli.
- Add roasted potatoes and chickpeas.
- Make the sauce: mix all ingredients and taste.
- Drizzle the sauce and enjoy!
Making this recipe? I would love to see it!