I’m a salad lover. And particularly a saucy salad. Love the tangy taste of the lemon on my veggies. And I always like to have the last bits of it at the end of the bowl when its full of water and sauce all mixed in. I guess you got the idea by now.
A salad can be a filling meal if you add the heavy stuff in it you know… quinoa, buckwheat… potato.. etc. And because my fridge was full of pumpkin, I had to add it to my salad bowl. Most of my recipes are created after looking in my fridge! That’s how I get inspired! haha
- 200 grams pumpkin
- 1 parsley bunch
- 6-7 romaine lettuce leaves
- half pomegranate – seeded
- half of an avocado
- 1/4 cup walnuts – roughly crushed
For the sauce:
- 1 tbs tahini
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven on 200º C. Cut pumpkin into small cubes. Arrange in a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Chop the greens and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add the cooled pumpkin and the avocado and mix. Add in pomegranate seeds and walnut.
- Mix the sauce ingredients and add to salad.
- Serve in a bowl or a serving dish. Drizzle more sauce and garnish with walnuts and pomegranate seeds.
Making this recipe? I would love to see it!