Hummus is a dip or spread made from cooked chickpeas blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and garlic. You can eat it with bread or add it next to your salad or even dip your fresh veggies in it.
Hummus is a popular appetizer in the Middle East and the Mediterranean. It is actually the best vegan thing you can have in your fridge. It might look boring but it has a rich taste from the tahini and a sour taste from the lemon.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs water or more if needed
- half a lemon
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 red pepper
- salt to taste
- Coat the peppers with some olive oil and roast them in the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked. Let cool.
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor or a blender until smooth.
- Add more water if it’s thick.
- Taste the salt and lemon, add more if you like it tangy.
- Serve in a bowl, garnish with salsa and sesame seeds.
Making this recipe? I would love to see it!